- Masks should always be worn in and around the boathouse, on the apron and on the docks. Masks can be removed once on the water but should be put back on when returning to the dock. Masks should be worn in addition to six feet of physical distancing and twelve feet when working out indoors. Face covering means a piece of cloth or other material that is worn to cover the nose and mouth completely. A face covering must be secured to the head with ties, ear loops, or elastic bands that go behind the head and must fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face. Cloth face coverings must be made with two or more layers of breathable fabric that is tightly woven (i.e., fabrics that do not let light pass through when held up to a light source). A face covering does not include bandanas, single layer neck gaiters, face shields, goggles, scarves, ski masks, balaclavas, shirt or sweater collars pulled up over the mouth and nose, or masks with slits, exhalation valves, or punctures.
- All athletes, coaches and staff should sanitize or wash their hands with soap for at least 20 seconds upon arrival and should follow hand-washing protocols regularly. We will make hand sanitizer available at all entrances.
- All individuals should self-monitor for symptoms of COVID-19 daily. Each person should take their temperature daily and monitor for COVID-19 symptoms prior to arrival at the boathouse. If their temperature is 100.4 degrees or over, the person should not come to the boathouse. If an individual becomes sick with COVID-19, contact your head coach immediately. The club will then perform contact tracing and inform significantly exposed individuals. When coughing or sneezing, turn your head away from other individuals and cough/sneeze into your elbow. Members with COVID-19 illness and close-contact individuals should contact their doctor and not attend practice or a club function until they have been cleared to resume training or any club activity.
- Ergs and any other indoor equipment should be spaced at least twelve (12) feet apart and should be staggered so athletes are not in the slipstream of someone directly in front of them.
- All ergs and equipment must be wiped down with disinfectant before and after every use. No exceptions.
- When possible, open doors and windows to increase ventilation in rooms. The use of fans should be avoided. This is recommended for boat bays, as well as indoor training rooms.
- Locker rooms and bathrooms should only have one person in them at a time and a mask should be worn at all times
- All stern-coxed boats, are being rowed, coxswains MUST wear a well-fitting mask (or a surgical mask) and wrap-around eye protection while on the water.
- All boats and equipment will be cleaned with soap and water, Lysol wipes or bleach solution after each use. Coaches should also clean any equipment they use after each use.
- For travel outside of our immediate region, coaches and members should not return to the boathouse for seven days or test for COVID three days after return and if negative, then they can return sooner to land workouts and single use. Athletes should not return to team boats until after seven days post-travel. If a person is fully vaccinated (ie: two weeks after vaccination series completion) or has had COVID-19 illness in the past three months, they are exempt from these post-travel requirements.
If interested in receiving a COVID vaccine, Dane County Public Health provides a list of active, local vaccination sites.