Learn-to-Row Volunteer Coordinator Position Available
The Learn-to-Row (LTR) Volunteer Coordinator position at Mendota Rowing Club is currently available for the 2017 season and beyond. This position includes a reduced-fee membership depending on the amount of responsibility undertaken. The LTR Volunteer Coordinator recruits and trains volunteer instructors and teaches at least one class. See a full list of duties below.
Resumés and other questions can be sent to Fran Breit (email@example.com). Please submit your resumé by December 1, 2016.
LTR Volunteer Coordination Tasks:
- Updating the LTR Instructor and Student manual as necessary
- Training instructors and certifying launch drivers as necessary
- Ensuring all lead instructors have completed the Safe Sport training
- Recruiting volunteers to run the classes. A launch driver as well as two coxswains are needed for each class. One of these three individuals is expected to be "lead instructor" and to take responsibility for instruction and direction within each class.
- Collecting and distributing substitute list for the use of instructors when needed.
- Greeting all classes on first day of class. Helps instructors with any last minute registrations, collects checks, waivers, and swim tests.
- Teaching at least one class during the summer.
- Teaching additional classes if lead instructors cannot be identified, but no more than 2.
- Acting as a substitute LTR instructor
- Serve on the LTR Committee (as do all lead instructors)
- Taking and preparing LTR Committee meeting minutes
- Working with Novice coach during 2 week free boot camp in April and during season to smooth transition of students from LTR to Novice group
- Submitting class photos for MRC social media (FB, Twitter, and Instagram)
- Assisting with National LTR Day (first Saturday in June)